From Samuel's Saddle - A Testimony in motion.
This blog is being born out of something deeper than words. It is being written out of inheritance. Out of covenant. Out of a life that was shaped long before I ever knew my own name.
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I am also the third great grandson of Samuel Harrison Smith the younger brother of the Prophet Joseph Smith and the first missionary of this Church. Those facts are not trivia to me. They are not history alone. They are responsibility.
Samuel Smith carried the Book of Mormon on foot. He carried it house to house. Heart to heart. Often rejected. Sometimes welcomed. Always faithful. He did not preach for applause. He preached because he knew Christ lived and because he believed people mattered. That same spirit of quiet courage and relentless service runs through our family line. It always has.
Service is not something I picked up later in life. It is in our blood. It is how we show love. It is how we testify. It is how we follow Christ.
My life has been shaped by that calling. Ministering to others. Sitting in firesides. Showing up when it would be easier not to. Reaching out to the overlooked the struggling the displaced the hurting. Pointing people not to myself but always back to the Savior. I have learned that the gospel is not just something we believe. It is something we live. Daily. Intentionally. With our hands and our hearts.
This blog exists to honor that legacy and to continue it.
Here you will find pieces of our Smith family history. Stories of faith. Stories of sacrifice. Not to glorify a name but to glorify the God who called ordinary people to do extraordinary things through simple obedience.
You will also find reflections from the road as I go out ministering. Lessons learned while serving others. Moments where Christ shows up quietly and powerfully in places the world often ignores. Proof that the work Samuel Smith began did not end with him. It continues. It lives. It breathes.
I believe deeply that we are never randomly placed in history. We are assigned. The Lord knew who Samuel Smith needed to be. He knew who his descendants would need to become. And He knows who you are meant to serve right where you stand.
This is not just a blog. It is a testimony in motion. A record of a life committed to Christ. A continuation of a family calling that has always been about one thing
Loving God
Serving people
And pointing souls to Jesus Christ

Comments
Post a Comment